Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A very merry unbirthday....

I didn't get to post this over the weekend, but Jack turned 2 1/2 on Saturday. We don't make a big deal out of half birthdays or anything, but I think 2 1/2 is a big milestone. There's just such a big difference between a 24 month old and a 30 month old, a 30 month old and a three year old. So here's to my Jack, at 2 1/2...he loves Thomas the Tank Engine, puzzles, blocks, music, and books. He knows his ABC's, can count to 20, can recognize most of his letters and numbers, his colors, his shapes, and can open a peanut butter jar in mere seconds. He's still not terribly verbal. He knows a lot of words, but he's still just starting to awkwardly string them together. He is a fearless climber and makes my heart stop beating on a regular basis when I find him perched high and grinning broadly. He is definitely all boy...loves to rough house, loves cars and trucks and anything with a motor, loves to throw things down the stairs, loves to destroy a room...but still loves to snuggle on Momma's bed with a stack of books. He's sweet and laid back, even for a 2 year old...definitely has Daddy's gentle personality. He loves everyone in his family and will often walk around the house affectionately naming everyone and giving them hugs. He is mad about Daddy right now. They are definitely best buddies. But he still knows how to make Momma feel loved when he climbs on my lap, grabs my face between his chubby hands, and kisses me until I laugh out loud. He is my heart and the light in my day. A very merry unbirthday Jack-man.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

What great pics of Jack! Happy half birthday!!

Kelly