Sunday, April 22, 2007

update on New Year's in April

Well, here's an update on how we have been doing on our new healthy eating changes.
I have been terrible about posting the menus on smallthings, but we have been eating much better anyway...real food, real cooking. As for the water, that was much better for several days...then we had a couple of days of being out of town and I drank way too much soda again...but I still drank plenty of water! It really does make a difference. When I feel that late afternoon drag, downing some water makes me feel so much better so fast that I realize I must be dehydrated far too often.

My next habit to tackle is far more painful...exercise. Yuckity yuck yuck. I'm sorry...I don't get the whole exercise thing. It's boring and sweaty and it's a pain to make time for one more thing in my day. I know it's supposed to make you feel great and all, but honestly, it just makes me feel tired. And hungry. Maybe exercise feels good for thin people. When you are fat enough, nothing about exercise feels good! I see people out running in the summer heat with their Ipods and their nifty exercise clothes and I think...."ugh, what would possess someone to do such a thing?" I know, runner's high and all of that...but are we really sure that someone just didn't make up that "runner's high" thing? Because they don't *look* like they feel very good. They *look* like they are dying. Anyway, I know the exercise is necessary, and it'll get easier, blah blah blah. So I am going to work on improving my attitude and get ready to take that habit on in time for my next "day in the life" coming up fast on May 1st.

2 comments:

Entropy said...

Good for you! You know that we gave up all sweets for lent including coke. I felt so much better drinking water all the time. Of course, now that Lent is over and I just have my will to keep me from drinking coke, it's not going as well.

I feel your pain with the exercise. I like to walk though. *whisper* My boobs are too big to run or jog! Do you like to walk?

My skinny cheerleader, sis-in-law, whom I love, loves work-out videos. Ugh. I can do them once or twice for the novelty of it and then I'm just bored and in pain. I started recording a yoga show on tv. I really want to tone and increase flexibility so I'm going to try that. Since it's not the same routine every time, hopefully I won't get bored!

I like this new habit a month thing. :)

Barbara said...

I'm with you on the exercise. Ugh! I'm out to convince my doctor that schlepping laundry baskets down two flights and then back up a flight (and it's wet then so it weighs more) and out the door to hang it on the clothes line, eventually back in the house and up a flight -- that's real exercise!