Thursday, April 12, 2007

New Year's in April

We have got to take some action around here. Our diets have gone down the toilet! I'm not sure what happened, really,,,I think it started with my efforts at spring cleaning a few weeks ago. I started using some convenience foods, and let me tell you, that was nice. What's for dinner? Why, let me go check which box to open! Then we started with the take-out and drive-thru's...even nicer, I must say. No dishes, even! Now of course, we are adding the ever present supply of Easter candy to the mix. No wonder I feel so yucky and tired!! It's time to take things back. I'm going to finish my lovely spring menus today, and tonight we will eat the one meal-in-a-box still kicking around in the pantry. Tomorrow,,,I will cook. Keep an eye on the menus at smallthingswithgreatlove...that'll keep me accountable. :)

On a related note, I've decided that we need to change some eating habits around here. Most of these good habits *used* to be routine around here and over time we have fallen away from them. 3/5th's of the inhabitants in this house need to lose weight anyway, and everyone could stand some healthier habits, especially me! I'm going to work on one habit at a time and I'll start with an easy one- water. We have all fallen into drinking too much of, well, everything else. I am the worst one for this. I live on coffee and diet coke anymore. So, tomorrow, water, water everywhere. I'll post our new habit on the fridge and chat with the kids about it tonight. I'm sure they'll love it. ;) Other than meals and tea time, the water needs to be flowing. I'll revisit this in another week and hopefully be ready to add a new habit!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's a great idea to add more water Melanie! We should do the same here.

Kelly