Wednesday, April 18, 2007

interview meme

These questions were sent to me weeks ago by Suzanne Temple. It has taken me a long time to get to them, I know. I have been stewing over the questions though! Anyway, here goes...

1.If, like Solomon, God offered to give you any gift at all, what would you choose?

Fortitude. My chief fault in life, as a mom and just in general, is my lack of follow-through, my ability to procrastinate and avoid things that I don't want to do. I have gotten better over the years, but it is a constant struggle and I backslide all the time. It is defined as "the gift which helps us to be brave and patient in overcoming difficulties and carrying out our duties." That's it. That's what I need, bravery and patience in carrying out my duties.

2. What is the household chore you dislike the most?

Cleaning out the litter box. And because of my lack of fortitude, it is sorely needing to be done. Haha! It's gross. It stinks. We have four cats. Three of them are indoor/outdoor, but one of those three still uses the litterbox. The fourth is a nervous, basket-case of a cat that will not go outside at all. I hate the litter box so much that we have tried and tried to encourage her to go out, but it is all for naught.

3. In additon to your whole family,with whom do you hope to share a table at the Heavenly Banquet?

Pope John Paul II. I just love him. And Mother Theresa. Like I would get to share a table with great Saints! Ah,,,to dream.

4. Tell us about a parenting moment of which you are particularly proud--something you should win the Parent of the Year award for.

OK, this is the question that had me stalling for so long. Not that I don't think I'm a good mom, but to think of one defining GREAT MOM moment...I have lots of little GREAT MOM moments, but it was hard to come up with some defining place in time...and like most moms, I have lots of moments where I feel like a bad mom! I will keep stewing on this one.

5. What do you like the most about blogging? The least?

I love blogging because it is a way for me to journal our lives...all the funny little things the kids do, our homeschooling, etc. I love having readers, but I started blogging for myself and even if I had no readers at all I would still blog.

What do I like the least? I guess the pressure that the mundane details of our lives are not *enough*, that I should be posting on weightier matters. I do have opinions on weightier matters. :) And sometimes I even post on them. But mean arguements and snarky comments stress me out, even when I read them on other people's blogs.

Ok, so that's it! If you would like interview questions for your own blog, let me know and I'll try to come up with something profound.

2 comments:

Entropy said...

I'd like to give an interview and you've been tagged for a meme from me. :)

Suzanne Temple said...

I think you did a great job and maybe I should have asked for a smaller great mom moment.I don't know if I could answer my own questions! HA! I struggle with fortitude as well, but luckily don't have cats. It was a pleasure interviewing you!