Monday, March 05, 2012

a seven months along daybook

Gosh, it's been a long time since I did a daybook!

Outside my window...Beautiful! Warm! Sunny!

I am hearing...Disney Junior. Yes, they watch too much tv lately. It's the only way I can post, or cook dinner, and I'm trying to do both right now!

I am thinking...about Kain. He is registering for school today, starting tomorrow. This past weekend was much harder emotionally than I thought. I thought I'd feel nothing but relief. But it was very difficult. Lots of tears.

I am thankful for...a quiet Sunday and Monday with my kids. It really is much more calm here.

I am wearing...A purple t-shirt and pajama pants. I'm always in pajama pants. It's a third trimester rule. I find maternity pants so uncomfortable. I put them on to leave the house and change as soon as I walk in the door.

We are currently reading..."You Are a Better Parent Than You Think" by Dr. Ray. Started this for Kain, lol. Still need to finish. Trying to plod my way through Wuthering Heights with Maria. I'm sorry, I'm not a fan. I realize that's like blasphemy or something. Maybe it'll improve.

I am praying...for a better Lent than what I've had so far. I've been very distracted.

Latest on the babies...Jack has made some great strides. I was trying to think what had changed recently, something in the way he has been talking to us...I finally realized the other night...he is making eye contact! Not great eye contact, lol. But it's definitely improving.
Tess can't say "f" either. This is really funny. She says "bood", not "food",,,"wowers", not "flowers"...and my favorite, "blip blops", not "flip flops" :)
Henry is a big boy! He suddenly looks like a little boy, not a baby. His hair is coming in thicker, and he has gone from clinging to my knee to being so social and outgoing.
Baby Bee is 28 weeks along today. Everything is going well. I was informed she is measuring three weeks further along than her due date,,,that's about par for my course.

From the kitchen...crock pot dinner tonight, pineapple pork tenderloin, rice pilaf, and broccoli. This was planned for Sunday. I forgot that we were having Sunday dinner at church yesterday.
Tuesday- crock Italian chicken over noodles
Wednesday- Shrimp jambalaya, french bread
Thursday- Artichoke pesto chicken, roasted broccoli, garlic bread
Friday- Vary amin'anana. Never had it? Me neither. It's a recipe from our rice bowl calendar...learning about the poor in Madagascar. It'll be interesting!
Saturday- Mesquite beef sandwiches, oven fried potatoes
Sunday- Tuscan pork roast, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes.

Around the house...catching up, finding a new normal. We are very behind in school due to all the pregnancy stuff and Kain stuff...we will be working hard to get as much done as we can before my due date, and still doing school through most of the summer. Sigh.

In the learning room- a hot mess. It's on my "to organize, or burn to the ground" list.

In the garden- daffodils, lots of cleaning up before spring comes and everything starts growing like mad. But that's mostly John's department.

Plans for the rest of the week...
-Monday's about over. Usual therapy today
-Tuesday- Shopping and library. Dance is cancelled.
-Wednesday- noon mass, therapy for Jack, PSR in the evening for Jack.
-Thursday- adoration...we signed up for an hour during Lent. I have so far been able to go alone or with a big kid. Bliss!
-Friday- noon mass. Maybe a park day?
-Saturday- home all day, hoping to tackle that school room.
-Sunday- Mass,,,I found out that the move in our parish towards having weekly evening masses has been delayed until fall. Sigh. I was looking forward to that! But this Sunday is the usual monthly evening Life Teen mass, and Maria will have confirmation prep class afterwards.

Our week in pictures...I have just downloaded almost 300 pictures off my camera since I found my cord. Sigh. Totally overwhelming to even think about organizing. Here's one that I have to show now though!


Isn't she just lovely? This is my first 3D ultrasound, and I have to say it is VERY COOL to have such a picture of my little one! I have the pics on my fridge and love to see her every day. :)

1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

I'm sorry that the weekend was so emotional for you. I will say a prayer that Kain will be ok in his new environment. You spoke volumes when you said it was so peaceful in your home. I think it's the best thing for your children, you and your unborn baby. I just LOVE the ultrasound photo! How incredible! There wasn't anything like that when I had my children. :-( Many blessings, my friend!