Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ready to stay home....

Well, I was so beat last night that I am posting the next morning, so details are a little faded already. I had a bit of wasted time in the morning. Took Kain to his appointment with the psychiatrist and found out I had put the wrong day in my planner and he didn't have an appointment after all. After I dropped Kain off, I decided to have a "girl's day out" with Maria. We do this periodically and she has been asking for one for a few weeks now. These are easy to put off. I feel like I spend a *lot* of time with Maria! But it's not the same thing to her as this special, set aside time. It pained me to give up the afternoon. I have a lot to do around the house, and it would mean missing most of our school day, but it was as good a day as any to do it. After all, there is always schoolwork and cleaning to do. :)

So, I had Maria do a lesson on the DIVE cd-rom about square roots for a little review and read a chapter out of her St. Bernadette book. After returning home I did a little paperwork. I am working on having four menus to rotate during the year. Each menu will have about three weeks worth of meals and I will rotate those meals for a season, then switch them for another menus. Nifty, yes? Then I took Jack outside to play in the yard while Maria practiced soccer. Then we left for our day out while Jack stayed with Daddy. I took Maria to soccer practice...not a formal team, this is more like informal soccer "lessons" set up at a local gym with our homeschool group. Then we went to our favorite Chinese place for lunch, to our favorite thrift store for a little poking around, and to Walmart for groceries and to finish up buying spring/summer clothes for the kids. When we got home, I was just worn out. John was out running an errand at dinner time and Kain was just starving to death. I hadn't even started anything for dinner at that point, so I decided to just scavenge for dinner, offering everyone a choice of sandwiches, leftover spaghetti, and bean burritos. John and I worked together to get the boys done,another nice thing about having him home....most nights I am on my own! Maria went down at nine, and John and I stayed up too late watching re-runs and chatting. It was nice though...but I'm feeling it this morning!

No comments: