Tuesday, March 06, 2007

"Cashew!"

Heard tonight from our bedroom while I was putting Kain to bed-

"MEL- WHAT'S 'CASHEW' MEAN? "

"UM----OK, I'M NOT SURE, HOLD ON."

I finished with Kain and joined John in the bedroom where John was getting Jack ready for bed. Jack was demanding "CASHEW". I frantically searched my brain to figure out what he could mean, the remembered his latest favorite story, "Because a Little Bug Went Kachoo". Some quick searching through piles in the bedroom unearthed the book for a happy Jack.

Some other Jack-ese to know---

"Hahv-row" ==Peanut Butter. Don't ask me where that one came from, but it's critical to know because the kid lives on the stuff.

"Hahn-gee"== Hungry. Probably he wants Hahv-row.

"Dense"==Dance....i.e.- he wants to watch his Baby Mozart dvd.

"Fah Fahse"==Thomas, as in Thomas the Tank Engine, the love of his life. He is crazy about all things Thomas. You must figure it out in the context it is used. If he is bouncing up and down in front of the TV and hollering "Fah Fahse", this means, "Please put on my Thomas dvd." If he is crying it in his crib when you put him down for bed, this means,"Please find my trains, I simply cannot bear to sleep without one in each hand."

"Mess" ==Mess. As in, "I made one, and you'd better come see what I did. Bring a broom."

1 comment:

Entropy said...

I love baby talk! It's so funny to try to talk to a kid that's not yours and hear "blah blah blah" then have the mama come over and say "oh, he wants to swing and have a peanut butter sandwich."

How's that upstairs room coming?