Saturday, March 17, 2007

it has a nice ring to it, yes?

Your Irish Name Is...
Juverna Murphy


This is again a holiday where I wish I could say I made fabulous, educational, memory-making plans for my kids. Alas...I was flying by the seat of my pants last night trying to come up with something do-able at the last minute. We will be making Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner, some green-sugar cookies, and I have a quickie shamrock craft planned that I'll post pictures of later. And I'm planning to pick up a pot of shamrocks while at the store to put on the altar. Tomorrow, instead of our usual sundaes on Sunday I'll offer some green milkshakes. We will watch our CCC St. Patrick video while doing this coloring page at some point over the weekend...

http://www.hillsideeducation.com/stpatrickcoloring.pdf

I had ordered a lovely picture book to read today and it has not come, THANKS AMAZON!
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for putting together a craft and cookies! I pinched my daughter for not wearing green, does that count for anything? Cuz that's all we did. :)

You must be Irish?

Anonymous said...

Yes, my mom's side is Scottish and Irish (as evidenced by all the freckles and blue eyes over here). :) We ended up not even doing quite this much...never got to the craft, and then our vcr started eating tapes so we didn't watch the St. Patrick video! Ah well...