Wednesday, January 03, 2007

There's a hole



where our Christmas tree used to be. I know, I know, Christmas isn't over yet,,,but the tree had to go. It has been making me sick for days. We are going to have to get an artificial tree next year I think. This is the second year in a row I have had definite allergy symptoms with the tree around. The kids were not too happy to see it go early, and I put it off as long as I could. But I lay in bed last night with my throat burning and my sinuses throbbing and vowed that the tree would go today!

Kain was supposed to go back to school today...but his tonsillitis is still
not quite cleared up. It was not an easy decision to make. We are all needing to get back to normal around here, and cabin fever is raging. I feel a bit better already now that the tree is gone, and I am cleaning today. Maria is officially hired as my "Mom's helper" for the day....her job is to make sure that Jack gets non-TV stimulation while I do catch-up cleaning. That leaves Kain to be extremely bored. He is still completely incapable of entertaining himself for even the smallest period of time. So he has spent most of the day following Maria and I around, whining about how bored he is and how he wanted to go to school today. Tomorrow we will wean ourselves back onto our schedule.

No comments: