Saturday, May 31, 2008

All the photos you'd ever want to see....


Right after birth, kinda purply and swollen.


Me and Tess.


Me and Tess, again.


Me, Tess, and John.


Maria and Tess. She and my mom were at the birth.


The midwives, weighing her in.


Meme and Tess.


Getting all cleaned up and dressed...by me! Not by a nursery nurse! I loved keeping my baby with me, the best part by far. Once I got her, no one took her away.





All dressed!


Kain and Tess, later that day.


I wanted to shampoo the ook out of her hair that afternoon...


Look at all that curly hair!


Three days old, wide awake.

Coming up tomorrow if I get a chance, her birth story, and hopefully a pic of Tess and Jack. He's handling the changes fine so far...until we got home he complete ignored her, heh. Once we were home, he finally acknowledged her presence, but not much else. Now he has kissed her on the head a couple of times and talks about her some. Just his way of dealing with things...anyway, I just haven't been motivated to take more pictures just yet. Organizing these has been my big project for the last couple of days.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I love how full her cheeks are...it's like you had a 8 week old baby right off! ;)

I love her hair! Did Maria have dark hair too?

I can't wait to read your birth story. Love those things. Hope you are healing well and everyone stays helpful--truly!

Terimisu said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL MELANIE. SHE LOOKS LIKE MARIA. TESS IS A CUTE NAME EVEN THOUGH I WAS ROOTING FOR TERI!!! HA HA.I HOPE WE CAN MEET HER THIS SUMMER

mel said...

No, Maria just had blond peach fuzz when she was born. :) Jack had dark fuzz...that later turned blonde...then brown. It'll be interesting to see what this one does! I like it dark and curly, but I'd be surprised if it stays that way.

Teri, come visit! We never get up your way anymore it seems like...

X said...

Tess is gorgeous! And Maria is your TWIN...bet you never heard that before LOL!

mel said...

hehe....
Yes, she does..she hears that a lot, and I heard it a lot too growing up...I look a lot like my mom. :) So far Jack and Tess look just like John. In fact, Jack's baby pics look *so* much like Tess...except she has more hair!

Lisa Boyle said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations, again. And, the library saga rings true here, too. I have actually had the library renew this one item a couple of times. They must think we love it, but it's actually because we can't find it. :-))

Literacy-chic said...

Love the pics! Tess is beautiful. Love those big, healthy babies! :)