I've held off on answering it, because it's a kind of boring, generic meme for the most part, but it's easy and requires no thought, and I'm killing the last 20 minutes of reading and rest time before I go upstairs to work on dejunking my bedroom as part of my mission to completely dejunk and finish painting my entire house before the baby is born. In 17 weeks. While homeschooling. Ambitious, no?
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE ? Yes. I was named after Miss Melanie in Gone With the Wind, my mom's favorite book ever. It could be worse. I could have been Scarlett.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Oh my. I'm pregnant. I teared up this morning while doing the aforementioned bedroom dejunking. I was listening to our local Catholic radio station and they had one of those corny feel good stories, kind of like those "Chicken Soup for the Soul" things? They are always way corny and always make me tear up. Lame.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No. I type whenever possible, and print when it's not. My handwriting is passable enough I guess,,,just awkward.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? This is embarrassing, but I love old school Oscar Mayer bologna and cheese sandwiches. But, bologna is kind of gross, so I never buy it. Hardly
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Oh yes.
6. WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Sure. I rock.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Have we met?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No. Why on earth would anyone want to know such a thing?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Heck no. And I think those that do are mentally ill. There can be no other possible explanation for hurling yourself headfirst off a bridge with a giant rubberband tied to your ankles.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cheerios with banana cut up on it. Seriously.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No, but I rarely wear shoes with laces.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? In theory. In daily practice, not so much.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Pralines and cream. But I'm not picky. It's all good.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Whether they seem friendly or not. I have an instant dislike for people that seem snotty, which isn't always fair, because maybe they are just having a bad day, you know?
15. RED OR PINK? Shoot, I don't know. I'm not overly thrilled with either! Pink, I guess.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF? My lack of aforementioned strength in the day to day.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Hmm...I'm pretty much in touch with anyone I want to be in touch with, though I wish I heard from certain friends more often than I do. I guess I'd say I miss my grandfather, but I plan to see him again someday.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Grubby gray sweatpants that fit way too snugly on my pregnant self to be remotely suitable for wearing outside the house but are comfortable for sitting on the floor digging through drawers of junk. No shoes.
19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A burrito. No, not for lunch. Just for a snack a few minutes ago. A one hour post lunch snack. I'm *starving* all the time now. But I only gained one pound this past month, even with all the holiday eating. It's nice to be one of those people that can actually eat and not gain a ton of weight. For a change.
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Blessed silence, mostly, since it's reading and rest time. The occasional plink of legos from the playroom where Kain is taking his rest time. The occasional sounds of Jack talking to himself from the crib where he is apparently not going to nap today.
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Oy. I hate the whole color thing. What am I, six years old? It depends on what I'm doing with it! I like sage-y greens, I guess, if I have to pick something.
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? My babies. Coffee. Lilacs. Vanilla. Honeysuckle.
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? John's supervisor.
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? I don't watch sports.
25. HAIR COLOR? light brown.
26. EYE COLOR? Blue.
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No. I do have glasses that I really just need for distances like in a classroom situation. I had contacts once, but I didn't like them at all.
28. FAVORITE FOOD? This is like the favorite color thing. Who can pick one favorite food? Pad Thai. A good steak. Anything Italian. Anything cooked by someone other than me. When I'm pregnant, anything I can find, apparently.
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. I hate scary movies.
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Veggie Tales- Jonah. With the kids, of course. John and I hardly ever watch Veggie Tales by ourselves.
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Blue
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Neither. I hate temperature extremes. I like spring the best, and fall a very close second.
33. HUGS OR KISSES? Another dumb question. Hugs, I guess. There's very few people I would want to be kissed by.
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Again, one dessert? (sigh)... Cheesecake. And pie, I love pie. Any kind of pie is awesome. Pecan is awesome.
35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Three to Get Married, by Fulton Sheen. Awesome. I'm saying 'awesome' a lot, aren't I? Sorry about that.
36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don't have one.
38. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Babies, when they start to do that cooing thing? And then you talk back, and they hold Perfectly. Still. With their eyes big and wide, listening to your voice so intently. And then when you stop talking they coo at you to get you to talk to them again. Magic. Definitely better than 'awesome'.
39. BEATLES OR ROLLING STONES? Beatles, no question.
40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Croatia
41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? No, not really. heehee. I'm a little good at lots of things, but not really specially talented at anything. I do make a mean pecan pie.
42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Northern Virginia
Ok, now reading and rest time is over and I'm going back upstairs to continue my purging. If you are also on the computer when you should be doing housework, consider yourself tagged.