Friday, January 18, 2008

A lazy weekday morning....

This morning, at 9:30, I am still in my pajamas. I slept in a bit and woke up to hear Maria and Kain up birdwatching from the living room window...we made pine cone bird feeders yesterday and had quite a turnout this morning. Now, after breakfast, they are outside with a hammer and screwdriver, determined to open what they are convinced is a geode. I've told them it is not, but what do I know? They are at least now dressed. I forced them to do so after telling them that the neighbors were quite likely to call child protective services on those crazy homeschoolers if they were not only outside hacking at rocks instead of doing math, but hacking at rocks in their *pajamas*. Jack, also dressed, is in the playroom working hard with his favorite alphabet puzzle and listening to Raffi. I am finishing some leftover lasagna I heated up for breakfast. Gross? Hey, I'm pregnant, and I wake up hungry now!

Now I have to run. The lazy morning is over. I have a midwife appointment at 11am, and we need to leave,,,oh, in about 20 minutes. And I'm still in my pajamas and have lasagna breath.

No comments: