Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The library book returneth

Maria is vindicated...at least partly, she still has to clean her room. We went to the library and John took the kids to the children's room while I paid for the missing book so as to make check out time, which is always nutso with three kids and all their stuff, go more smoothly. Once I was in the children's room I decided on a whim to check the shelves and make sure the book wasn't there. Lo and behold, it was. Not exactly where it was supposed to be, but very close, it wasn't hard to find or anything because if it was I wouldn't have found it...I really didn't expect it to be there. So, I went back out to the front desk and the apologized and gave me my check back. We used the money to go out for Chinese food instead.

4 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

Nice resolve! Congratulations!!

Marie said...

This has happened to me several times. I am a bit of a library-neurotic to begin with. I just wish I could turn up our current missing volume!

mel said...

Now, if we could just keep from misplacing the dvd's...those run $1a day when they are overdue! We joke all the time tha the library would go out of business without our fines....

Kelly said...

Oh how stinky! I can't believe they had it all the time ...!!!