This was supposed to be posted yesterday, yes? Ah well...I am a procrastinator. I am, in fact, The Master Procrastinator. I don't know that I've actually ever DONE 7QT before...but here goes!
1. See this? It's a Jesse Tree Ornament Swap, if you are unmotivated to actually look. Procrastinated it! Still, did manage to sliiiide under the wire and get them mailed off. I can't wait until the collection comes in the mail! So many bloggers I have read over the years are participating, it will feel like having friends all over our Jesse Tree. :)
2. We didn't finish all our schoolwork yesterday. We have done even less today. This has been a pattern we need to break. I start off the week with a bang, and then fizzle out. Each week we slide a leeeeetle more behind in the syllabi. Sigh.
3. We haven't been to the Latin mass in several weeks now. I keep hemming and hawing on this. I love our parish..it's close by, we are very involved in the PSR and Life Teen programs, and our priest is wonderful. But, I love the Latin mass, and the priest there is also wonderful. I feel like we should kind of bloom where we are planted. But we have very few actual friends in our local parish even though we have gone there for years,,,there's this "not really fitting in" thing...so I think it would be better for my kids to see their Catholic homeschooling friends more than once in a blue moon. Waffle, waffle...any thoughts? Help me waffle some more?
4. I *finally* finished planting our fall flowers. Is this weird to northerners? I guess they don't plant fall flowers, huh? But we plant pansies and mums and they can do quite well.. In milder winters, I have had my pansies live through the next spring even.
5. I am having such a hard time getting a grip on housework. I mean, even more than usual. There are just so many little people here now, and I'm interrupted so often, and it gets undone so darn quickly. But I know I need to just put on my big girl pants and get caught up. I'm going to be pregnant like tomorrow, you know that, right? It's going to happen. And once that happens, I know it's only going to be so much more difficult to do these things and I will wish for the time back that I wasted...see? Master Procrastinator.
6. Our evening shift schedule has required further tweaking, mainly in the area of mealtimes. We are all kinds of weird now, having meals at 10am, 3pm, and 7pm. The kids' bedtimes are a bit later too, and I feel so odd about that. It's such an ingrained "good mom" thing, to have the kids up and at school early, and to bed early. I have to keep reminding myself that this is one of the advantages of homeschooling, this flexibility.
7. You long-time readers remember my nephew, Kain? Please pray for him. You might remember he has been living with my parents for a year and a half. It hasn't been going well. I can't really go into details publicly on the blog. He is almost 14 and I don't want to embarrass him. Just suffice it to say that the problems he had here have continued in spades there, and he is going to be in a long-term residential placement. It is heartbreaking for us all.