Wednesday, April 02, 2008

heard today...

Jack- I wanna another brownie!

Me- You've already had two, that's enough. (He actually only had one, broken in half)

Jack- I want three brownies!

Me- I don't have anymore brownies for you.

Jack- I want.....a hundred brownies!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me, doing Latin vocabulary with Maria today- "pugno"...means "I fight". Do you know any derivatives of "pugno".

Maria- No.

Me- Well, that's a harder one. Have you heard the word "pugnacious" before?

Maria- Um...no.

Me- Ok, let's look it up. "Pugnacious" means, "inclined to quarrel or fight readily; quarrelsome; belligerent; combative". Can you use it in a sentence?

Maria- Kain is pugnacious.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

LOL! God bless her, I think she's got it!