Thursday, February 01, 2007

My very first meme

I'm getting a little misty eyed...Ok here goes--

Homemaking Meme----from A to Z

Aprons – Yes, I have one. If I wore it more often, my shirts would probably be in better shape.

Baking – What is your favorite thing to bake?- Bar cookies of some kind. Much easier and quicker than individual cookies. It's all about efficiency here, folks.

Clothesline – Y/N? Yes, we have one. I don't use it. John doesn't like "crunchy clothes". I have a retractable indoor one in my laundry room that I use to hang up stuff that shouldn't go in the drier. Right now it is holding wet gloves and pants. (snow yesterday!)

Donuts – Have you ever made them? Nope. Would like to try someday...just never have.

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day: Clean the bathroom sinks (actually, Maria does hers).

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze? Yes, and old upright one my in-laws gave us. It sits unused in the laundry room. It needs a good scrub down before we attempt to use it. Another "someday" thing...it's not a necessity at this point, but will be with the addition of any more people to this family!

Garbage Disposal – Y/N? Oh yes.

Handbook?- I *love* Managers of Their Homes (titus2.com).

Ironing – Love it or hate it?- I don't iron. We have no need. My husband is a nurse, he wears scrubs to work. I don't mind ironing the occasional item, but it is rarely needed.

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it? - Ha! My dh has several...practically one in each room. I started off giving him one of his dresser drawers because I got tired of arguing with him over the stuff he would stash in there. He has since taken over a couple of more in other rooms of the house. Need to purge those and hold him to one drawer. He is a packrat, God love him.

Kitchen: Design & Decorating?- Just finished most of our remodeling. Natural wood cabinets with a coffee colored glaze, blue Corian countertops, buff-colored ceramic tile floor...pretty. Still needing to finish some trim work around the window, a bit of paint....

Love: What is your favorite part of homemaking? I love organizing stuff. I am an organization junkie. Big on plans, weak on follow through.

Mop - Y/N? Oh yeah. Mostly hardwood floors in this house. When we are done remodeling the living room the only carpet will be in the upstairs playroom.

Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?- Dear heavens, I don't wear nylons. What kind of establishment do you think this is! When I wear skirts, they are very long, and I wear sandles or some kind of slip on loafer. No nylons. They are evil. Last time I wore a pair was to my grandfather's funeral, and before that was probably at my wedding.

Oven - Do you use the window, or open the door to check?- Open the door.

Pizza - What do you put on yours? I love a little sausage or bacon and slices of tomatoes, fresh basil if we have it. Yummy. We make homemade pizza every Saturday now.

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? Blog, or sit with a cup of coffee and a book.

Recipe card box - Y/N? Yes. I have one and use it regularly.

Style of house -1950's fixer upper, white siding with no trim...very plain outside,,,need to fix that up if we ever get the inside done. In theory 4 bedroom/3bath, but one of the baths is unfinished, and the 4th bedroom is really a finished attic space that we use as a homeschool room/play room. The kids are up there right now destroying it.

Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N?- Placemats and napkins. I don't care for tablecloths with kids. Somebody always seems to spill and drip...would never make it through one meal around here. I can replace a placemat quickly and easily.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland? Can of Barkeepers Friend, dishwasher soap, and a giant apple juice jug of dishwashing liquid (long story...I needed 9 empty dishwashing liquid bottles for something like 3 years ago...we are still using up the soap), and my giant stockpot is under there.

Vacuum - How many times per week? Twice a week in the living room.

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do a week? About 8.

X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off? Oh yes. I'm a big list maker.

Yard - Who does what? John mows and weedwackers, I do the actual gardening. We both do some leaf raking. I enjoy that....like getting out on fall days.

Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?- When things are running smoothly, a quick pick up of any left out stuff. Not been that smooth lately....so lately has been a lick and a promise of more tomorrow....

1 comment:

Entropy said...

I love this! Especially the lick and a promise--my kids think that is such a weird saying but around here it's just part of life!

Congrats on your first meme!