Thursday, February 01, 2007

hidden motivations

Why do I neglect this blog so? Well, for the same reason I started it...accountability.When I don't want to post what we did (and didn't) get done in a particular day, it's easy to be "too busy" to post it...haha! Ah well,,,a quick catch up.

Tuesday- we did a decent day of school, but I couldn't recall it for you now. Maria started soccer with our homeschool group and really enjoyed it, which surprised her to pieces...soccer is "for boys" you know. She only tried it because I pushed her to do so. She has never played any team sports...what is the point of a sport that doesn't involved pretty shoes and tutus?

Wednesday- Well,,,what can I say about Wednesday. It snowed about 4 inches. Kain's school closed early, throwing a great big wrench in the middle of my best laid school plans, and then I turned the kids loose to go play. We haven't had a winter with this much snowfall in a few years now, and the kids are eating it up. We did do some school before picking up Kain....a math lesson in Saxon, reading a story in Bible History, catechism questions,,,we started reading "He Went with Marco Polo",,,finally. It has been MIA upstairs. Fabulous book if you can find it. Then I began the 45 minute/2mile drive on extremely hazardous roads and crazy, crazy traffic to pick up Kain from school. Kain was supposed to have therapy yesterday, and Maria was supposed to have choir practice at the church...both were cancelled.

Thursday-, today....letting the kids play in the snow again. Kain's school is closed. We will go upstairs when Jack wakes up and work on the school work we didn't do yesterday, plus read some more of the Marco Polo book.

On the menu- freestyle breakfast...I let the kids sleep in since I knew it would be a "snow day", so breakfast was kind of freeflowing.

Lunch- spaghetti

Tea time- banana bread? Some cookies? Not sure...planning on doing some baking today

Dinner- Beef nacho casserole, asparagus

No comments: