Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Memo to myself for next year...Christmas vacation breeds laziness!

Laziness on my part...as evidenced by my much later-than-normal shower this morning. And laziness on Maria's as well. John left to go get a repair done on our car as I was starting my shower, so I asked him to tell Maria to keep an eye on Jack until I got out. Afterwards, I popped my head out of the door wearing a towel and a smile-

ME- Maria!

MARIA- Yeah? (distractedly, tv in background)

ME- Is Dad gone?

MARIA- Yeah (still distractedly)

ME- Where's Jack?

MARIA- Um,,,I don't know...

---Jack rounds the corner from the kitchen with a piece of bread in his hand and a triumphant grin on his face.

JACK- Bread!

ME- Um, how about "he's dumping a brand new loaf of bread all over the kitchen floor"?

MARIA- Um...I don't know...

---I come into the kitchen to find Jack has, indeed, dumped a new loaf of bread all over the kitchen floor. He has, in fact, stepped all over most of it.

JACK- Oh no! Mess!

ME- Uh huh

JACK- Bread! YUM YUM!

So,,,no grilled cheese for lunch today after all....

No comments: