Saturday, September 05, 2009

Nothing new under the sun

I. Feel. Like. Crap.

There, I said it. I always feel bad being all gripey and pissy when I'm pregnant, because I know it is a small cross compared with the blessing of carrying a healthy baby, and a couple of very sweet online friends have had miscarriages recently and so I feel completely ungrateful and ridiculous griping about something they dearly wish they were still dealing with,,,but there it is. I'm sooooo nauseated and soooo tired and everything is sooooo behind, schoolwork is behind, the house is trashed, I'm sooooo sick and tired of cooking food for these people that insist on eating EVERY DANG DAY, wah wah wah, would you please give me your hankie, "PHHHHHHHHTTTTTHHH", thank you so much.

This afternoon I was thinking, "This is way worse than I felt last time. Way worse. It's gotta be." And so I went poking back in my blog and found this post. And this one. And this one. And this one. So I guess not. Also, I am a big whiner, apparently. So, I hear by promise, with this post, to stop all whining about this first trimester and all its assorted unpleasantness. Besides, I can't offer it up if I whine about it.

And now...I'm off to fix dinner.

Six more weeks to the second trimester! Come on, week 14!

6 comments:

kori said...

ugh. I am so there with you. What is it with these kids....needing me to get them three meals a day?????? Don't they understand I'm cooking a baby in here and it makes me tired and pukey???
Anyway, sorry you're not feeling any better than I and if you want email me and whine and complain all you want :-).

X said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Lynda said...

At least you can look forward for the end in the 2 trimester! For me I piked all the way through week 40! I do hope you feel better soon. Blessings to the new little one.

Wendy in VA said...

Awwww... I feel your pain. :oP

When I was in the midst of the first trimester bleh, I went to Costco and bought boxes and boxes of potpies, mini-pizzas, Pop Tarts, granola bars... Anything my older kids could unwrap/microwave/eat without my help. They loved it. And I could get by with cooking once or twice a week. :o) Hang in there -- just keep thinking about the prize you get at the end! :o)

entropy said...

Praying you feel better soon! Now is a good time to embrace unschooling temporarily!

Lisa Boyle said...

Here's hoping that the "blahs" leave you soon! Hang in there! Put out whatever convenience food you have. They'll survive for a little while! :-)