Wednesday, July 08, 2009

How day 2 went....

---Yesterday we painted fern green on the top 1/3 of the walls. This involved circling the entire room with a measuring tape, a level, and a pencil. I had some panicky second thoughts about the color. It's pretty bold. But I do like it after all. Green is so relaxing and calming.

---Painting the closet was tricky. It has this wide shelf all around it that makes it impossible to reach parts of the wall. I had Maria climb up on the shelf and get it for me. :)

---These things aren't all they are cracked up to be. I found them difficult to use and the coverage was poor and needed two, even three coats in places. A plain old paintbrush worked better. But that room has vaulted ceilings, and there was no other way to get up that high.

---After the littles were in bed, I primed the floor and also a coffee table I've been wanting to repaint. Primer stinks. My whole house reeks, and I still have it all over my hands.

---The kids have had enough. Jack and Kain are fighting all the time, Jack keeps climbing the baby gate to get into the room which freaks me out because the outlet covers are off of everything, and even Tess is getting irritated about being separated from me for big chunks of time. I'm remembering why I almost never do any big projects like this anymore.

---But we are almost done! Today we will put on the yellow paint. That will be easier because it will all be reachable without ladders and extension poles. Then comes the enormous job of reorganizing everything. Yikes.

1 comment:

entropy said...

Yea! I'm happy for you. I love that re-organized feeling...unfortunately I'm only feeling it through you right now!