Monday, March 02, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook- March 2nd edition


For Today...

Outside my window- Sunny and bright, a bit muddy from melted snow. Cardinals, male and female, are at the feeder.

I am thinking- That I am sleepy. Tess was really restless last night, and she and Jack both woke up super early this morning for some reason.

From the learning rooms- Maria is doing her Latin at this moment. It is a quiet school day. Kain is visiting his dad today, so that has slowed us down to a leisurely pace.

I am thankful for- Warming weather, sheets drying on the line.

From the kitchen- salad and leftover macaroni and cheese for lunch, banana bread for this afternoon, grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner...we've given up meat for Lent. :)

I am wearing- gray capris, navy blue tshirt, bare feet. Yes, I am a bit cold, now that you mention it.

I am reading- A bunch of back issues of Mothering a fellow homeschooling mom gave me. To Jack- "Stories for the 40 days", to Kain- I'm not sure. We just finished "Squanto, Friend of Pilgrims" and haven't decided what will be next yet. Maria is reading "Mara, Daughter of the Nile". Tess and I read "Goodnight Moon" this morning.

I am hoping- to see crocuses blooming out front soon, and leaf buds on the dogwood trees.

I am creating- A vegetable garden! We planted tomatoes, peppers, and lettuce indoors this weekend, and I'm planning to plant some peas and spinach outside this week.

I am hearing- Jack watching Super Why on PBS.

Around the house- Laundry in piles waiting to be folded this evening. I'm working on some mess in my bedroom, mostly piles of outgrown kid clothes to sort and put away as well as a couple of pieces of baby equipment Tess has outgrown (sniff, sniff).

One of my favorite things- This salad dressing from Paul Newman that I have for lunch almost every day.

A few plans for the rest of the week- No co-op this week! Dance class for Maria, basketball practice for Kain and Maria, moving on to cleaning out the toy closet once my bedroom is done.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you- wah! My camera isn't fixed. Here's an old favorite....these were taken two years ago, so Jack would have been 2 1/2. I remember how very, very proud of himself he was...he worked so hard to build this. He still loves "building towers". Also reminds me how irritated I was with this toy. It was a set of wooden nesting boxes that cost $30 and they fell apart soon after this. Grrr.





What a chunky butt he was! He's so skinny now, my leggy, knobby-kneed preschooler.

H/T Peggy at Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! So cute! Thanks for sharing Mel. Lucky you...we have a blizzard going on right now...just spent an hour shoveling.