Wednesday, March 25, 2009

alone

I'm alone. I'm completely all alone. I can't even remember the last time I was alone. Heck, I can't remember the last time I went to the bathroom alone.

Kain is at his dad's house.
Maria is at a friend's house.
John took Jack to the park.
Tess is asleep and has been asleep for two hours.


Somebody pinch me.

So far I've cleaned the kitchen and had lunch while watching a whole and entire tv show uninterrupted. Now I'm going to clean the playroom.

When stuff like this happens, the little devil that sits on my shoulder says, "Pssst....hey, this is how it could be EVERY DAY if they were in school." Which is true. But I would miss them. I really would. For now, for today, though, it's a very nice way to spend an afternoon.

I know I haven't blogged in forever. And I'm behind on *your* blogs too. That's because I've recently discovered The Office. I know, I'm way out of sync with TV programming. That's because prime time is also bedtime at our house, and so I never get to watch anything that hasn't gone into reruns. I love The Office, I've become addicted, Oh Pam with your sensible button-up shirts and Jim with your crooked smiles and Dwight with your various concealed weapons...and I'm spending all my computer time watching old episodes on Netflix. But now, I'm clicking away from The Office and I'm going to do some more cleaning. Not that it wouldn't be more enjoyable to spend the day here.



That's what she said.

No comments: