Friday, July 27, 2007

things you hear at my house....

There are many phrases that I must say 80 times every day. Especially to Kain, because he doesn't listen. And if he does listen, he doesn't remember. I guess every mom has those phrases that you wish you could just tape record yourself saying so as to save the energy or repeating it all day long. Like....

..."Use your quiet voice."

..."Be gentle."

..."You have to try three bites of everything on your plate."

..."You are interrupting."

..."You left the front door open."

..."Kain, you have to come IN HERE, I can't HEAR YOU! I SAID, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!" (Kain always insists on talking to me from the next room. Always. Several times a day.)


All day...I say these things to Kain all. Day. Long.

And then there are the comments I make to Kain that should just should never need to be said. Like...

..."It's not ok to throw your bike at people. Even if they did make you mad."

..."You can't wear your ninja hood to church."

..."Please don't pretend to shoot people when they are coming back from communion."

..."You cannot hide grapes in the couch cushions."

..."When I'm walking right behind you carrying Jack and three bags of groceries, why is that the ONE TIME IN YOUR LIFE that you decided to shut the front door?"

4 comments:

Entropy said...

you can't wear your ninja hood to church

LOL!

Entropy said...

My younger daughter used to ask for communion from me. She'd look up and hold her hand out and I'd usher her over the the cup and she'd ask the e.minister (whoa, that sounds like a 'bot is handing it out...) and then she would RUN back to our seat, stopping of course to say hi and wave to everyone she knew along the way.

She's much better now but I still get comments like "I've got to tell you what [Doodlebug] did/said" all the time.

You probably get that all the time with Kain. At least, it keeps things interesting right?

Kelly said...

ROFL! These are priceless!

Christie said...

Oh It is so good to see another homeschooler with the same challenges that we go through....Alex don't shoot the people coming back from communion! lol "Get off your brother." No we can't take your gun to church. Thanks for your blog it made me laugh.