Saturday, August 07, 2010

mostly wordless Wednesday

I got all of us out the door EARLY for the first day of Maria's dance camp and said I deserved a medal. Maria made me this one.





Pictures from our family reunion trip to St. Louis, and a visit to the Magic House...










First day of school fun...









I always buy some extra books from my wish list, and new school supplies of course, some fun extras related to our studies, and....new socks and underwear for all the kids. Weird, right? Isn't it odd how some things become a tradition? The kids also always get a cutsie new notebook just for doodling and journaling. They really love this for some reason. Even Tess got her own this year,..hers is that one with the puppy on the cover,,,and she has been quite busy filling it in with scribbles from her new crayons.

Check out these goofy looking "pencils" we had at lunch, hehe...

5 comments:

X said...

Looks like a fun day!

The school supplies look like fun too!

What did you use to make the "erasers" on the pencils?

X said...

And where did you get the Impressionist coloring book?! I so want one!

mel said...

The erasers are thick cut bologna that I cut into circles. :)

The coloring book...I think that came from here
http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subject-coloring-books.html

I placed a big order a few months ago when they were having a 50% off sale and I've been dishing them out as gifts.

X said...

Well, I will simply have to try that cheese and bologna pencil next time I see the grandkids!

I checked amazon and they have the coloring books too - including the Sistine Chapel!

Kelly said...

That snack is COOL!!!