Saturday, October 27, 2007

Angel in the Waters

If you haven't heard of this book...



Look it up on amazon and you can see several pages of it at their site. It's just lovely. I highly recommend it for any expecting friend. I bought my first copy when I was pregnant with Jack and gave it away to an expecting friend. So, I had to buy another copy for this baby. Kain has had me read it every night all week. It's a picture book about a developing unborn baby and her guardian angel. Very, very sweet. And I only cried the first three times I read it.

4 comments:

Marie said...

The author's sister is a friend of mine. My midwife had a copy, and thought it was lovely -- except the picture that shows the baby craning her neck in some odd contortion (during birth?). It practically made her faint!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I thought the same thing at that picture,,,"Eww,,facial presentation, that baby needs to see a chiropractor..." heehee

Anonymous said...

Awesome book!
do you know about the horrible thing that happened to this mom (author) and her son?

Anonymous said...

Yes... :(

I say a quick prayer for her everytime I pick up the book now. My son is 3 now, hers was 4, and I think about that a lot....heart shattering.