Sunday, June 03, 2007

not fit for company

What have we been up to this weekend? I haven't posted in a few days because I've been in a less than rosy mood, one that doesn't make for nice blogging...no reason in particular except I've been burning myself out trying to catch up on things that need to be done around the house, my dear hard-working husband has been nearly unseen since Wednesday because of his work schedule, and I'm just feeling...petulant. Isn't that a great word? Some words just sound exactly like their meaning, and I'll bet if you've never heard of the word "petulant" in your life it would still bring an image to mind....



I don't know this child, it's a stock photo, but isn't she the most fabulously petulant thing you've seen your life?

So, anyway, Friday and yesterday I worked my tuckus off around the house, just generally cleaning, catching up on laundry, grocery shopping, meal planning, etc., etc. I missed my Day in the Life post,,,,Friday was June 1st,,, but it was intentional. You wouldn't want to read a whole day of my whininess! But I will do that later this week. Today after mass we went to our parish's annual picnic. I *did not* want to go. I hate going to those kinds of things without John. But Maria really wanted to go, and Kain was at his dad's which made flying solo a bit easier, so off we went, and it was a nice afternoon after all. When we got home I laid Jack down for a too-late nap that will come back to bite me in the rear-end at bedtime tonight, but I was frantic to take one myself...as soon as I fell asleep I got a phone call from Kain's dad saying he wanted to bring him home already...I swear he picks him up later and brings him home earlier every weekend,,,,and my sour mood returned. Yuck, I can hardly stand to be in the same room with myself! So, aren't you glad I posted today so as to share my loveliness with the world?! I'm off now to have a cup of tea and try to lift myself up from my funk. And to give Kain the computer so he will quit hovering around my head and nagging me...AAAACCCKKK!!! Not helping, Kain!!

2 comments:

Entropy said...

I know it doesn't help but I know how you feel!

Here's to hoping today (Monday) was better!

*cheers*

<:)

Kelly said...

LOL! What a great post Melanie. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has days like that. And you are right, Petulant IS a great word! :D

Kelly