Saturday, December 01, 2007

A busy weekend....

of my big payday grocery shopping haul...

of two birthday parties (for friends, not for my own kids)...

of baking 4 dozen cookies for the church cookie walk...

of readying Advent decorations and supplies (photos to come tomorrow)...

and PSR starting after a nice two week break...

I know I said I'd be posting a "day in the life" homeschooling post, but we haven't, um, been really doing much schooling, what with waiting for new materials to come in and all the holiday stuff going on. We've been watching Bill Nye the Science guy,,,and Maria did a science kit on magnets,,,does that count?

On a less busy note, last week was our last day of co-op until late January, woohoo! The kids aren't as happy as I am...but I was ready for a break. Here's a random photo of Maria with her science concept map project on polar deserts that she made this term in her Environmental Science class. Surely *that* counts as school....
and it was nice to see her take such pride in something school related. Gives me hope. She has also said that she can already tell that reading is much easier after a month of vision therapy!

No comments: